The Bath Central School District believes that 1-1 learning devices (such as laptops, Netbooks, and tablets) foster 21st Century Skills and enrich the students’ educational experiences, preparing them for the world they will face in their post-high school lives. Continuous access to 1-1 learning devices--on and off the campus--opens up a new realm of opportunities. Teachers can use the 1-1 devices to enhance student learning in several ways, including:
- Exposing students to the tools and technology-rich environment they may face in the academic and professional worlds.
- Encouraging individualized and self-guided learning through exercises that do not require students to work at the same time or in the same place.
- Giving students new opportunities and tools to express creativity and utilize their problem-solving skills.
- Engaging students through collaborative and social learning using current, mobile technology.
- Helping inquisitive students to communicate with persons around the globe through digital tools, thereby building social behaviors and gaining new understandings of diverse cultures and ideas.
- Teaching students to find and evaluate sources so they can quickly find accurate and current information on the Web.
- Instructing and modeling how to use technology responsibly to promote a safe and digitally secure environment.
Bath CSD One to One Portal
Bath Central School District
25 Ellas Ave
Bath, N.Y. 14810