Physical Science is the study of the physical world around us. This course is designed to provide you with a general overview of topics in chemistry, physics, and earth science and to prepare you for the 8th grade Intermediate Science Test.
Rules and Expectations:
· Come to class with a positive attitude
· Be on time, sit down in your assigned seat, and follow directions on the overhead
· Be prepared for class (writing implement, book, notebook, homework, etc.)
· Have respect for yourself, other students, the teacher, and school property at all times (example: no talking when anyone else in the room is talking)
· Follow all the rules (because the class atmosphere depends on you)
1. Homework—this is very important in science and it should always be completed. The homework policy in this class is that homework is only accepted on the due date—and homework is sometimes:
· Collected and graded
· Graded in class
· Checked for completion
· Not graded or checked at all
2. Tests and quizzes will be given on a regular basis.
3. Grading will be done on a point system.
Example: If the total number of possible points in a marking period is 600 and you earn 550 of those points then your grade would be 92%
If you are out, it is your responsibility to make up anything that was missed.
You are expected to be on task and be responsible for your own learning. Remember: The class atmosphere depends on you.