Welcome to Bath CSD Health Office Website
- Dana Dickson RN High School Nurse 776-3301 Ext 2005
- Stacey Belanger RN Middle School Nurse 776-3301 Ext 1046
- High/Middle School Nurse's office fax - 607-776-6873
- Reagan Matwiejow RN VEW Primary School Nurse 776-3301 Ext 1066
- Amanda Thompson RN VEW Primary School Nurse 776-3301 Ext 1075
- Primary School Nurse's office fax - 607-776-0019
On this site you will find a variety of Health related information. View related files at the bottom to find and print forms that we use here at the district..
When is my child sick enough to stay home?
- Fever in the past 24 hours (must be fever free without the use of medications for 24 hours)
- Vomiting in the past 24 hours
- Diarrhea in the past 24 hours
- Sore throat
- Strep throat (must have been taking an antibiotic for at least 24 hours before returning to school)
- Bad cold, with a very runny nose or bad cough, especially if it has kept the child awake at night
- Head lice-until your child has been treated according to the nurse or doctor's instructions.
If your child becomes ill at school and the teacher or school nurse feel the child is too sick to benefit from school or is contagious to other children, you will be called to come and take him/her home from school. It is essential that your child's teacher and the school nurse have a phone number where you can be contacted during the day and an emergency number in the event you cannot be reached. If the numbers you gave the school at the beginning of the year change, please notify the school immediately.
Questions about Head Concussions or injuries?
Click on "My Links" to the left.
2021-22 School Year New York State Immunization Requirements for School Entrance/Attendance
Public Health Law §2164, as amended by Chapter 35 of the Laws of 2019 prohibits a school from permitting any child to be admitted to such school, or to attend such school, in excess of 14 days without sufficient evidence that the child has received all age appropriate required vaccinations. The 14 days may be extended where the student is transferring from out of state or from another country and can show a good faith effort to get the necessary evidence or where the parent, guardian or any other person in parental relationship can demonstrate that a child has received the first age-appropriate dose in each immunization series and that they have age appropriate scheduled appointments for follow-up doses to complete the immunization series in accordance with the CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices Recommended Immunization Schedules for Persons Aged 0 through 18.
Click on MY LINKS to the left to view an easy to read immunization chart for the 2021-22 School year
To view what vaccination clinics are near you go to the Steuben County Public Health page:
Under the Calender Category refer to PHNS Clinics.
Please note: Federal policy regarding the use of publicly funded vaccine has been changed. Individuals who are fully privately insured may NOT receive state or federally funded vaccines at any NYS local health departments. The public immunization clinics for Chemung, Schuyler and Steuben Counties can only vaccinate children less than 19 years of age who are:
- Under-insured (meaning that their health insurance does not cover the cost of vaccines)
- Enrolled in medicaid, Medicaid Managed Care or Child Health Plus
- American Indians or Alaska Natives
The County Public Health Department has requested that if your child is in need of a vaccine and you have private insurance, please contact your insurance company. If they do not cover the vaccine you may then call your local Public Health Department.
Steuben County Public Health 607-664-2438
Chemung County Health Department 607-737-2028
Schuyler County Public Health 607-535-8140
Vision, hearing and physicals mandated by New York State
We encourage parents to schedule a physical with their child’s own physician; however, if one is not done, the school physician and nurses will complete these screenings during school hours.
Vision and hearing screenings are required for all new entrants and students in kindergarten and grades 1, 3, 5, 7 and 11. Physical exams are required for all new entrants and students in kindergarten and grades 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 and 11.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call a school nurse.